Friday 15 June 2012

Lofty Aspirations

Ciao! Ciao!
My fingers are actually like jelly as I type this out...it has been long. Correction -  too long.

No excuse (as usual, you might roll your eyes), but kya karein, everyday I'm shuffling, with no time for blogging!

Imagine the inspirational ambience I have created to get this post out of me...the cure for "writer's block" is to for the troubled writer to seclude himself/herself in a paradisesque place. A beautiful setting, amidst lush green trees, chirping birds, soothing music in the background and with green tea and biscuits just an arm's length away.

That ought to do it.

Hmmm, I think I haven't quite reached this place just as yet. For i find myself at a bright and noisy airport terminal, sure i see the blue, ummm grey sky,in the distance, through the glass facade of the building. instead of birds chirping, I do remain distracted by the buzzing ( and often, squealing) of babies and kids. The laptop balances precariously on my knees and I hope to find a power source very soon before it dies at this blessed moment.

But hey - all is well! Swell in fact because I am on my way to a paradise like vacation...yay. First stop, Venezia for a quick over night stay, where I will be sure to throw in a gondola ride (or two) and a refreshing bevy at the much-herd about, Harry's Bar.
About this bar (thank you, wikipedia!)-
Harry's Bar was opened in 1931 by bartender Giuseppe Cipriani.According to the company history, Harry Pickering—a rich, young Bostonian--had been frequenting Hotel Europa in Venice, where Giuseppe Cipriani was a bartender.When Pickering suddenly stopped coming to the hotel bar, Cipriani asked him why. When Pickering explained that he was broke because his family found out his drinking habits and cut him off financially, Cipriani loaned him 10,000 lire (about $5,000 US).Two years later, Pickering returned to the hotel bar, ordered a drink, and gave Cipriani 50,000 lire in return. "Mr. Cipriani, thank you," he said, according to the Cipriani website. "Here's the money. And to show you my appreciation, here's 40,000 more, enough to open a bar. We will call it Harry's Bar."

On the short flight here (DXB), I started watching W.E and was immersed in it completely...lyrical, poetic, stylish, romantic, great performances...Madonna sure tells the story well. Can't wait to get onto the plane again and finish the rest of the movie.

In other news, I have been deeply moved by the most gorgeous pre and post rain shower skies, Mumbai is experiencing. Last 2 weeks have been divine....here are some of my favorite pictures, courtesy the extremely handy iPhone:
















Ok bellas and boys...finally, boarding call. I guess that's me! 

More updates as soon as I can...and this is an order from me to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment